Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Playing “Catch Up”



My apologies for not writing for so long but a lot has happened since I last penned anything. As a soldier in the Civil War would write, “I set down, pen in hand to inform you that I am still in the land of the living.”

1.      Stand to It and Give Them Hell has already gone into its second printing, which is genuinely amazing. At this rate it will outsell Antietam: The Soldiers” Battle.

2.       I have been very busy selling books in Gettysburg.

3.      I have just reviewed Eric J. Wittenberg’s “The Devil’s to Pay” John Buford at Gettysburg: A History and Walking Tour (Savas Beatie, 2014) and George Kimball, A Corporal’s Story, Civil War Reflections of the Twelfth Massachusetts (University of Oklahoma Press, 2014). I highly recommend both to anyone interested in new and refreshing information about the Union cavalry at Gettysburg and the best recollections of the 12th Massachusetts I have yet seen.

4.      I look forward to the talks, which I am giving this winter in Cleveland, OH and Houston, TX and the book signings in Gettysburg during the Remembrance Day celebrations.

5.      I am also engaging in a new research and writing project on a series of Civil War battles in the East.

            When things calm down after November, I will devote more time to the blog.

             Rather than continue babbling I will bid you adieu until I really have something more earth-shaking to share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment